Monday, February 28, 2011

Literal vs. Abstract

Both are important perceptions but I realize I prefer the latter. My good memory and constant reflection on literal activities is a likely suspect for this preference.

I get annoyed and/or bored if I find a conversation too literal. Obviously, this is a relative concept (what isn’t?) but facebook/twitter/etc. are full of such behavior. All humans have a longing desire to express themselves but it seems a large number of people are content detailing every mundane activity. Some people use this as motivation to do more “exciting” things, while others become depressed for not doing these “exciting” things. I, however, prefer thinking about abstract concepts.

Unfortunately, I often feel society accuse this mentality as being “elitist”. Everyone has the right to think what/how they want and I’m only expressing my personal preference. Obviously I think my view is better, that is why I have it. I would hope and imagine that you believe your mentality is better for the same reason. It is unfair to exclude me while accusing me of excluding you.

No comments:

Post a Comment